Sunday, January 4, 2009

Kinky

Thanks to the existence of oil and gas in Terengganu's offshores, i am officially a Terengganu state citizen, to be exact, Kemaman-ville (sounds lil bit more soothing). My semester break
(which will be over in two days) had been filled with my life in Kemaman-ville.

It was the Labuan Fed. Ter. experience again where you're not quite there when it comes to interacting. It took me a while to adjust to the Sabahan and Sarawakian dialect back then and i am facing a quite similar problem here.

No offence to any of Kemaman-ville residents or even those who practice such an interesting dialect, but it takes some time for me to digest what you are saying. So dont make fun of me when i say 'ringgit' instead of 'rhia' (a lady of a food business premise did).

Oh, one day we decided to head to Kuantan (an hour drive from Kemaman-Ville) and i made an amazing discovery. I regret that i did not take a picture of it. I swear you cannot make this shit up, it exist.

A building stood up and labeled, 'Wisma Kin Kee' which is very equivalent to be pronounced as the word kinky, ˈkɪŋki.

Then a group of manly men got out of the building with their overall suit. Heh?

And how ironic, we went all the way to Kuantan from Kemaman, then we had our breakfast in Kuantan at the Kemaman Kopitiam. Heh?

Oh, one more thing, drivers, do drive slowly in Kemaman-ville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I won't bite..