Saturday, December 12, 2009

Square root of three.

I fear that I will always be a lonely number like root three,
A three is all that's good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight,
Beneath a vicious square root sign?
I wish instead I were a nine,
For nine could thwart this evil trick,
With just some quick arithmetic.
And now I never see the sun,
As 1.7321.
Such is my reality,
A sad irrationality,
When, hark, what is this I see?
Another square root of a three,
Has quitely come waltzing by,
Together now we multiply,
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer.
We break free from our mortal bond,
And with a wave of magic wands,
Our square root sign become unglued,
And love for me has been renewed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Huh, I'm still a square root of three. None has been renewed.

6 comments:

I won't bite..